We are excited to announce that the Gibbons Public Library will be re-opening July 6th!
Of course, we must remain vigilant to minimize the risk of spreading COVID-19.
Some of the things that we will be doing:
- enhanced cleaning of surfaces and frequently used items such as computers;
- quarantine of returned Library resources for 72 hours;
- a sanitizing station at the front entrance complete with masks and gloves for those who wish to make use of them;
- minimizing handling of Library resources during checkout;
- daily deep cleaning of the Library;
- public computers will be moved to facilitate social distancing requirements;
- children’s toys will, unfortunately, not be available at this time;
- limiting the number of people allowed into the Library.
Please note that quarantine of library materials for 72 hours means that returned items will continue to appear as checked-out on your account. Check-in dates will be back-dated to reflect the quarantine period.
Curbside Pickup and Inter-Library Loan
For those who do not wish to enter the Library premise, curbside pickup will be available:
- place a hold via tracpac.ab.ca;
- call the library at 780-923-2004 or email firstname.lastname@example.org and request an item;
- when the item is available, you will be contacted and a staff member will deliver the item to you in the parking lot of the GCC.
Please note, however, that not all libraries have re-opened and full van-run service will not begin until July 20th. This will limit the availability of titles requested from other libraries.
Alberta Health Services has also requested that public facilities track who enters their premise for the purposes of contact tracing should a case of COVID-19 occur. We, therefore, ask that as you enter the Library, please check in with the staff at the circulation desk and leave your name and phone number. This information will be collected and safeguarded in accordance with FOIP laws and will be retained for four weeks and then destroyed.
Of course, for the protection of staff and other Library patrons, we also ask that should you be experiencing illness of any kind that you please not enter the Library.