1. Where are you located?
In the Cultural Centre, 5115 51St
2. What are your hours?
Monday 10-5, Tuesday – Thursday 10-7, Friday 10-5 (open Saturday 10-2 Sept to June)
3. What does a membership cost?
Memberships are free!
4. How long can I keep my materials?
Three weeks, you can renew materials twice unless someone else has put a hold on them.
5. What if my items are late?
Fines are .25 per day up to a max of $10 per item.
6. What if you don’t have what I am looking for?
We are connected to over 170 Alberta Libraries with nearly three million items! If we don’t have it, we can usually find it!
7. Can I use my card at other libraries?
Yes! By linking your card at www.melibraries.ca you can use your card at any Alberta library! Our staff would be happy to walk you through the process.
8. Can I get e-books or audio books?
Yes! There are several apps that you can use to access audio, e-books, digital magazines and more! There are links on our website as well as handouts at the library listing our e-resources.
9. Does the library offer any programming?
We sure do! Our programs change with the season and are always evolving to meet the needs of our community. Check out our website for the latest programs or follow us on social media for the latest updates!
10. Do you have computers for the public?
We sure do and there is no charge to use our computers. We do charge a small fee for printing (.25 per page)
11. I’m not really computer literate, can the staff help me?
When they have time the staff is happy to help with basic computer skills. We are always willing to help connect you to local resources for more in depth tutoring.
12. I need someone to supervise my exam/test, does the library do that?
Yes, we provide proctoring services for a fee of $10 per exam