Library Manager - Job Details
This job has expired.
|Career Title:||Library Manager|
|NAICS Code:||Information (51)|
|Modified Date:||Oct 23, 2019|
|Description:||Located 20 minutes North East of Edmonton, AB, Gibbons is a vibrant rural community of approximately 3000 people. The Gibbons Public Library serves both the Town of Gibbons and the surrounding Sturgeon County with a population of approximately 20 500 people. We are looking for a dynamic and enthusiastic leader to fulfill the role of Library Manager.
Reporting to the Town of Gibbons Library Board, the Library Manager is responsible for the efficient and effective operation of the Gibbons Public Library in accordance with the policies and procedures set out by the Board.
• Oversees and manages the operation of the library.
• Develops and implements library policies.
• Hires, trains, supervises, and evaluates library staff and volunteers.
• Attends all board meetings and acts as a consultant to the board and its committees.
• Attends regular professional development opportunities.
• Facilitates and maintains positive relationships with the Board and community partners.
• Models excellent customer service for library staff, volunteers, and the public.
• Assists patrons in the use of materials, equipment, and/or services provided by the library.
• Maintains a full and working knowledge of the library’s automated systems, resources, and databases.
• Knowledge of Provincial legislation including the Libraries Act.
• Sound knowledge of accounting practices with experience managing budgets.
• Strong attention to detail with the ability to prioritize and organize.
• Sound computer skills including knowledge of Microsoft Office, Outlook, Polaris ILS, and Google Docs.
• High level of communication and interpersonal skills.
• Flexibility and the ability to multitask.
• The ability to train staff in customer service and the use of library technology.
• Completion of a Library Technician Diploma or MLIS degree.
• Minimum 1 year of experience working in a public library setting.
• Minimum of 1 year of supervisory experience preferably in a library setting.
|Salary:||$34,320 - $42,120|
|Education:||Library Technition Diploma or MLIS|
|Job Expiry Date:||Nov 22, 2019|
|Company:||Gibbons Municipal Library|
|Postal code:||T0A 1N0|